The Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) competition challenges students to effectively explain their research in three minutes, in a language appropriate to a non-specialist audience. 3MT cultivates students’ academic, presentation, and research communication skills. Currently enrolled master's and doctoral students who are actively engaged in thesis, dissertation, or other culminating research are eligible to register for the competition. This year, 3MT will be held in-person. Registration for the 2023 3MT is now open.
Preliminary rounds will be held March 7, 8, & 9. The 3MT final competition takes place April 6, 2023. All participants must be available to present in person on one of the preliminary round dates and for the final competition, if selected as a finalist. Learn more about the 3MT final competition.
Learn More About 3MT
Review 3MT details, including eligibility, prizes, rules, and judging criteria.
Register for the 3MT competition.
See the 3MT competition timeline.
Access the list of past winners and their award-winning presentations.
View past judges for the 3MT competition.
Wondering what award-winning Georgia Tech 3MT presentations looks like? Check out the following videos:
- 2020 Second Place Winner, Muhammad Saad Zia, Mitigating Beam Alignment Errors in Millimeter-Wave Communications to Go Beyond 5G
- 2020 Third Place and People's Choice Winner, Megan McSweeney, AptaTrigger: A Novel Biosensor Platform for Point-of-Care Diagnostics
- 2019 Winner, Paola Zanella, Mitigation of Helicopter Accidents Related to Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness
- 2018 Winner, Nusaiba Baker, Oral Delivery of DNA-enzyme Nanoparticles Ameliorates Inflammation in a Murine Model of Ulcerative Colitis
Curious about what award-winning videos from other 3MT competitions include? Check out this link:
For more information about the Georgia Tech 3MT competition:
- Contact: Casey Hendricks at firstname.lastname@example.org