We accept unofficial transcripts at the time of application- an unofficial transcript is simply an official transcript that has been opened. We do not accept screen shots of your grades and courses. If you are admitted, we will then require that you submit your official transcripts.
If you completed your education outside of the United States, go to our International Student Admission page for information on submitting your required documents.
Georgia Tech requires evidence of award of a bachelor's degree, its equivalent, or higher degree (prior to matriculation) from a regionally accredited institution. Regional accreditation is the educational accreditation of schools, colleges, and universities in the United States by one of seven regional accrediting agencies. You can go to Council for Higher Education Accreditation for more information.
An unofficial transcript can be either an official electronic transcript or an official paper transcript that you have scanned and uploaded. The document must be printed on the institution's official paper and should include:
- The institution’s name, as well as your first and last name
- Institution's official seal/signature — such as the registrar’s seal, registrar's signature, and/or watermark of the institution.
- All completed courses, including the grade earned and a list of any in-progress courses.
- Proof of degree — if a degree was awarded, the name of the degree and the date it was awarded. For international applicants, proof of degree can also be satisfied with a degree certificate.
- Transcripts should be issued in English by the institution. If transcripts are not issued in English, a copy of a certified English translation must be included.
Documents such as self-printed academic histories, web-based academic evaluations, or anything typed/hand-written will not be accepted and should not be uploaded. Doing so will prevent your application from being reviewed by the Graduate Admission Committee.
You can submit your official transcript(s) one of the following ways:
Preferred Method: Electronic official transcripts can be emailed directly from the issuing school to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via Parchment, eScrip-SAFE, National Student Clearing House, and Digitary.
If you cannot send your transcripts electronically, you can mail the official hard copy to the address listed below. Be sure to include your full name as it appears on your application.
Office of Graduate Studies
Georgia Institute of Technology
631 Cherry St., Room 318
Atlanta, GA 30332-0321
You may be required to submit official standardized test scores depending on your background and you program of interest. You can check our degree program page for more information on your graduate program's test score requirements.
If your graduate program requires an entrance exam, below is information on how to submit your official score(s).
- GRE Institute code: R5248
- Test score requirements vary by degree program. If you have questions, please refer to the degree program information on the Graduate Studies website or contact the program to which you are applying to verify requirements.
- Institute code Full-time MBA: HWK-54-37
- Institute code for Evening MBA: HWK-54-44
- Please refer to your program of interest to verify if GMAT is required or accepted in place of the GRE.
If you are required to submit proof of English proficiency, below is information on how to submit your official test score report. Be sure to check your graduate program’s minimum score requirement for admission.
- IELTS Academic: Scores must be sent via the IELTS electronic score delivery service to Georgia Institute of Technology, "Graduate"
- TOEFL iBT: Scores must be sent electronically by TOEFL to Georgia Institute of Technology, "Graduate", institute code 5248
As part of our online application process, you can electronically request recommenders to submit your letter (or letters) of recommendation. You will be asked for the following information:
- Names of recommenders (the number of recommendations required varies by school/program, so be sure to check with your program of interest).
- Organization affiliation, position/title of each person.
- Relationship with recommender
- Email addresses
- Waiver (most applicants choose to waive their right to review the recommendations)
Your recommenders will receive an email, inviting them to complete an online recommendation. If you have any difficulty with the system, contact email@example.com. Include your application ID number in the email and a description of your problem.
Required Documents Based on Citizenship and Residential Status
The supporting documents you are required to submit vary based on your citizenship and residential status. Here is a table that shares which types of documents should be provided by various types of applicants (more specific details are included for each type of applicant following the table):
(including English translations)
|Lawful Presence Document||GRE/GMAT
of Good Standing
|U.S. Citizens*||Required||Required, if applicable||Required||Varies by program||—||—||—||Recommended||Varies by program||—|
|Permanent Residents*||Required||Required, if applicable||Required||Varies by program||—||—||Required||Recommended||Varies by program||—|
|Non U.S. Citizens/Aliens||Required||Required, if applicable||—||Varies by program||Required, if applicable||—||—||Recommended||Varies by program||Recommended|
* To be considered a resident of Georgia, a copy of a valid Georgia driver's license or Georgia voter registration card is required.