A hiring unit uses this form to request a tuition waiver for a student to work in a nonacademic unit as a graduate research assistant (GRA).
The vice provost for Graduate and Postdoctoral Education requires the GRA form to be completed in DocuSign. To get started, click on this form link: Approval Request for Hiring Graduate Research Assistants (GRAs) by Nonacademic Units. Then, follow the instructions below.
- Log into DocuSign with your gtAccount@gatech.edu credentials.
- Select USE on the template, and complete the routing section to send to the appropriate recipients. Search the DocuSign Address Book (gray icon in recipient field) to find the correct @gatech.edu format email addresses for the intended recipients.
- Modify the email message subject line to include the student’s name and edit the email message if desired.
- Click SEND. The first recipient will get an email invitation to complete the form.
- Recipients will complete the document with all required information:
- Semester(s) covered by the request (spring, summer, fall) and the year.
- Student information: name, ID#, major and school, email address, campus (GT Atlanta, GT Europe, GT Shenzhen).
- Hiring unit information: department or office, name/title/email address/phone number/signature of person supervising work.
- Faculty supervisor in unit information: course number, name/title/email address/phone number/signature of faculty supervisor.
- Student’s home unit: academic representative name/title/signature.
- One paragraph description of work to be completed is required. Please include the following: the problem to be solved, the approach to be taken, the expected outcome.
Please allow three-seven business days for processing, and decisions will be sent via email to the hiring unit. Senders can track the progress of the form in their DocuSign account.
If you have questions, contact Corey McAllister at firstname.lastname@example.org.