|Semester||Thesis Deadline with Enrollment Waiver||Initial Format Check||Thesis/Required Forms Due|
|Spring 2022||January 14, 2022 at 3 p.m.||April 22, 2022||Ph.D.: April 29, 2022 at noon|
|MS: April 29, 2022 at noon|
|Summer 2022||May 20, 2022 at 3 p.m.||July 22, 2022||Ph.D.: July 29, 2022 at noon|
|MS: July 29, 2022 at noon|
|Fall 2022||August 26, 2022 at 3 p.m.||December 9, 2022||Ph.D.: Dec. 12, 2022 at noon|
|MS: Dec. 12, 2022 at noon|
|Spring 2023||January 13, 2023 at 3 p.m.||April 21, 2023||Ph.D.: April 28, 2023 at noon|
|MS: April 28, 2023 at noon|
|Summer 2023||May 19, 2023 at 3 p.m.||July 21, 2023||Ph.D.: July 28, 2023 at noon|
|MS: July 28, 2023 at noon|
|Fall 2023||August 25, 2023 at 3 p.m.||December 8, 2023||Ph.D: Dec. 11, 2023 at noon|
|MS: Dec. 11, 2023 at noon|
All dates subject to change
* Applies only to students who want to submit a thesis and enrollment waiver at the same time.
Please note that thesis deadlines are firm, and if you don't submit yours by the deadline, your graduation may be delayed. Here are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to submitting theses or dissertations:
- Ensure that your document conforms to the requirements set forth in the Thesis Manual. All forms that must be submitted with your thesis/dissertation are available here.
- Check your department's deadlines, as they are sometimes earlier than the deadlines listed above.
- Submit your dissertation oral exam announcements to your school/department at least 10 working days prior to the presentation date.
- Email a PDF of your thesis or dissertation to firstname.lastname@example.org to have the format checked. You can also have your format checked by visiting Graduate Studies. (Only final copies of documents should be submitted to the electronic thesis and dissertations website.)
- Confirm that your home department will send the following documents to Graduate Studies for final approval:
* Request for Admission to Ph.D. Candidacy (submit upon completion of departmental requirement)
* Request for Approval of Minor
* Request for Approval of Master's Thesis Topic
For more information, send an email to email@example.com or call 404.894.1610.