Review the thesis deadlines, including deadlines for the initial format check and required forms.
Read over the Thesis and Dissertation Manual for an overview of document and format guidelines and more.
View the checklist of required documents for thesis submission.
Access needed forms for the thesis and dissertation process.
Format your thesis or dissertation using our thesis format templates.
Resources to Help You Through the Process
Whether you need to make an appointment or need guidance about copyright rules, the following resources are available to support you:
Virtual Thesis & Dissertation Appointments
The Graduate Education Thesis and Dissertation coordinator is offering virtual appointments for questions related to:
- Thesis/dissertation process
- Format checking feedback
- Graduation policies and procedures
Pathways to Graduation
Have questions about graduation? Not sure where to begin? The Office of Graduate Education has developed Pathways to Graduation, a self-guided Canvas course which helps to equip graduate students with the tools to succeed and experience a smooth, stress-free road to graduation.
Many policies related to this process are listed in Georgia Tech’s Policy Library. For international students, there are Office of International Education policies on enrollment and optional practical training that you’ll want to become familiar with.
Graduate Thesis Faculty Submission Form
Effective for the summer 2023 term, the policy on advisement of graduate students has been updated in the Catalog. Tenure-track faculty are members of the Graduate Thesis Faculty by default. All other Georgia Tech faculty must be approved by the program and submitted to the Office of Graduate Education. Departments must submit those names, once approved, via our submission form below.
Electronic Submission and Disseminating Your Work
Tech requires all theses and dissertations to be submitted electronically. Once it is approved by your committee, here’s what happens next:
- Visit the Electronic Thesis and Dissertations (ETD) Submission System. Please follow the instructions, and upload your approved thesis or dissertation as a PDF.
- Graduate Education will check your uploaded PDF and will notify you if there are any corrections. You must make the corrections, and resubmit the corrected file.
- If Graduate Education has all the required pre-thesis and thesis-related (or dissertation) documents, we will approve your thesis/dissertation and notify the Office of the Registrar that you are eligible to graduate.
- You and your committee members will receive an approval notice via Vireo/ETD. Approximately a month after you graduate, your thesis/dissertation will be released for electronic circulation.
- You can request that your thesis/dissertation be withheld from release for one year for intellectual property reasons. The Graduate Thesis Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) must receive a written request from your advisor approving your request at the same time as you submit your other thesis documents. The Request for Withholding form is available via DocuSign.
When you’re ready to share your work with the public, check out the Georgia Tech Digital Repository on disseminating your thesis or dissertation.