If you are a resident of Georgia who is 62 or older and are interested in taking graduate-level* courses, Georgia Tech offers a program that allows you to enroll in classes (depending upon available space) tuition free. A waiver of in-state tuition and applicable student fees may be granted to legal residents of Georgia aged 62 and over. This waiver can remain in effect as long as the student is continuously enrolled. The program is sponsored by the University System of Georgia. To participate, you will need to submit the following documentation and meet regular admission requirements:
- A completed online application for graduate admission, including the application fee. Within the application you will select the degree program under which you will take the course(s) of interest. You may apply as either a degree-seeking or Special non-degree seeking student, depending on your intent.
- A birth certificate or other acceptable and comparable written documentation to verify age.
- Office of the Registrar's Senior Citizen Waiver Application form.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Any applicable test scores, if required. Test score requirements may be waived by the program to which you are applying. Contact the degree program of interest to confirm.
After completing the online application for admission to Georgia Tech, please submit required documents to the Office of Graduate Studies. Questions? Contact us here.
*If you are interested in enrolling in undergraduate-level coursework, you will need to apply via the Office of Undergraduate Admission.