Chung H. Kim, Academic Program Coordinator
Dr. Richard Nichols, Program Director
School of Biological Sciences
Georgia Institute of Technology
555 14th Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
- Ph.D. - Applied Physiology
Areas of Research
Integrative Physiology spans levels of biological organization from cellular mechanisms to motor behavior and human performance, and this research encompasses many of the body’s organ systems. Specific emphases include:
- Control of motor activity by the central nervous and musculoskeletal systems
- Cellular mechanisms of plasticity in muscular performance
- Fluid balance and exercise performance in thermally-challenged environments
- Approaches to rehabilitation that include prosthetic and orthotic devices as part of the treatment plan
This research is propelled by an enthusiastic faculty and by the natural synergies that arise from our common interests in motor systems, prosthetics and orthotics, and other areas of systems physiology.
- Institute Code: 5248
- Department Code: 49
- Minimum Score Required:
- Internet-based: 100 overall, with minimum section scores of 19
- Contact with faculty of interest
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Go to "View Tuition Costs by Semester," and select the semester you plan to start. Graduate-level programs are divided into sections: Graduate Rates–Atlanta Campus, Study Abroad, Specialty Graduate Programs, Executive Education Programs
- Find the degree and program you are interested in and click to access the program's tuition and fees by credit hour PDF.
- In the first column, determine the number of hours (or credits) you intend to take for your first semester.
- Determine if you will pay in-state or out-of-state tuition. Learn more about the difference between in-state and out-of-state. For example, if you are an in-state resident and planning to take six credits for the Master of Architecture degree, the tuition cost will be $4,518.
- The middle section of the document lists all mandatory Institute fees. To see your total tuition plus mandatory fees, refer to the last two columns of the PDF.