A hiring unit uses this form to request a tuition waiver for a student to work in a nonacademic unit as a graduate teaching assistant (GTA).
The vice provost for Graduate Education and Faculty Development requires the GTA form to be completed in DocuSign. To get started, click on this form link: VPGEFD Approval Request for Hiring Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTAs) by Nonacademic Units. Then, follow the instructions below.
- Log into DocuSign with your gtAccount@gatech.edu credentials.
- Select USE on the template, and complete the routing section to send to the appropriate recipients. Search the DocuSign Address Book (gray icon in recipient field) to find the correct @gatech.edu format email addresses for the intended recipients.
- Modify the email message subject line to include the student’s name and edit the email message if desired.
- Click SEND. The first recipient will get an email invitation to complete the form.
- Recipients will complete the document with all required information:
-Semester(s) covered by the request (spring, summer, fall) and the year.
-Student information: name, id#, major and school, email address, campus (GT Atlanta, GT Lorraine, GT Shenzhen).
-Hiring unit information: department or office, name/title/email address/phone number/signature of person supervising work.
-Student’s home unit: academic representative name/title/signature.
-One-paragraph description of work to be completed is required.
-Please allow three-seven business days for processing, and decisions will be sent via email to the hiring unit. Senders can track the progress of the form in their DocuSign account.
-Contact Corey McAllister at email@example.com if you have questions about completing the form.