The GT GradWorks interface allows faculty and their supporting staff to initiate graduate research assistant (GRA), graduate teaching assistant (GTA), and graduate assistant (GA) hiring requests and the academic approvals process. The modified version of GT GradWorks is used alongside the OneUSG Connect platform, effective with the rollout of both systems in spring 2020. The graduate student hiring process starts in GT GradWorks with the initial departmental approval workflow chain, and concludes with a subsequent process in OneUSG. GT GradWorks is important for semester-by-semester job management, compliance, and data preparation, including the tracking and reporting of current assignments at both department and Institute levels. Faculty are expected to confirm student work appointments from semester to semester.
- Ease of use.
- Audit trail.
- Workflow-based task assignments.
- Automated end-to-end process.
- Data tracking and reporting.
- Maintains and improves quality and service.
- Ensures compliance and consistency.
- Preparation of data required for initiation of transactions in OneUSG Connect.
Key Benefits to Using GradWorks Alongside OneUSG Connect:
(OneUSG Connect action must follow the GradWorks action each time you are rehiring, terminating, or changing an existing appointment.)
- Eligibility check for hiring students.
- Organization and preparation of data required for initiation of OneUSG transactions.
- Captures all academic approvals.
- Tuition waiver check for tracking.
- Dashboard with list views and reporting on hires.
- Cross-unit hiring transparency.
- Compliance tool and source of data at the Institute level on waivers, fellowship info, advisors, etc.
If you have trouble logging in, please contact the OIT Technology Support Center about your login credentials. Once you have logged in:
- If you have questions about GT GradWorks or need assistance, please utilize the Help Desk option.
- Click on the About tab in the top menu bar.
- Then, select "create a support ticket" in the middle of the screen.