The GT GradWorks interface allows faculty and their supporting staff to initiate graduate research assistant (GRA), graduate teaching assistant (GTA), and graduate assistant (GA) hiring requests and the academic approvals process. The modified version of GT GradWorks is used alongside the OneUSG Connect platform, effective with the rollout of both systems in spring 2020. The graduate student hiring process starts in GT GradWorks with the initial departmental approval workflow chain, and concludes with a subsequent process in OneUSG. GT GradWorks is important for semester-by-semester job management, compliance, and data preparation, including the tracking and reporting of current assignments at both department and Institute levels. Faculty are expected to confirm student work appointments from semester to semester.
Accessing GT GradWorks
Graduate students, faculty, financial accounting, and human resources personnel can access GT GradWorks below. You will login using your Tech credentials.
- If you have trouble logging in, please contact the OIT Technology Support Center about your login credentials.
- If you have questions about GT GradWorks or need assistance, create a Help Desk support ticket at the GTGradWorks Service Desk; or via direct email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GT GradWorks Test Environment.
- Ease of use.
- Audit trail.
- Workflow-based task assignments.
- Automated end-to-end process.
- Data tracking and reporting.
- Maintains and improves quality and service.
- Ensures compliance and consistency.
- Preparation of data required for initiation of transactions in OneUSG Connect.
Key Benefits to Using GradWorks Alongside OneUSG Connect
(OneUSG Connect action must follow the GradWorks action each time you are rehiring, terminating, or changing an existing appointment.)
- Eligibility check for hiring students.
- Organization and preparation of data required for initiation of OneUSG transactions.
- Captures all academic approvals.
- Tuition waiver check for tracking.
- Dashboard with list views and reporting on hires.
- Cross-unit hiring transparency.
- Compliance tool and source of data at the Institute level on waivers, fellowship info, advisors, etc.
Requesting Additions/Changes to Access and Role Permissions
- Adding anyone for Superuser/Department Administrator access now requires an additional layer of vetting. Please email Corey McAllister, email@example.com, to initiate the process of requesting to grant additional Superuser access permissions.
- To add or make changes to any other roles, no additional vetting is required. Please create a support ticket at the GT GradWorks Service Desk; or via direct email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the ticket specifically what role information you would like the tech team to add/change, along with the redacted GT ID number(s) (xx3456789). It is also helpful to include the campus IDs (e.g., js635).
- Any remaining units needing to be onboarded should contact Corey McAllister for advisement on completing this configuration sheet (Excel spreadsheet), and for further instructions and information on submission.
Grad Hiring Process Map
View the recommended workflow for the grad hiring process in GT GradWorks and OneUSG Connect.
GT GradWorks Training Guide
Review the user guide on how to navigate GT GradWorks.
OneUSG Connect Resources
Access training and additional resources for OneUSG Connect.
- Faculty should confirm student assignments each semester, including the beginning or end of work appointments.
- GT GradWorks does not facilitate Commitment Accounting (formerly call SPD) processes.
- GT GradWorks captures all necessary approvals (financial, academic, management, and human resources) needed to initiate the graduate student employment process.
- GT GradWorks does NOT apply the GTA/GRA waiver automatically in Banner.
- There should be a record in GT GradWorks for every semester that a student is employed.
- School/unit-level human resource approvers should ensure that GT GradWorks hiring transactions align with transactions in OneUSG, and vice versa; there should generally be a corresponding hiring transaction in OneUSG for each GT GradWorks hiring transaction.