If I am a permanent resident, do I need to take the TOEFL/IELTS?

No, however you must provide a copy of the front and back of your Permanent Resident card to the Graduate Admissions office. Once this is received, you will be exempted from the TOEFL requirement. If you did not upload a scanned copy of your card at the time you submitted your online application, you can still upload a copy via your Application Status Portal. Please be sure to include your GTid number, if available.

For more information on current TOEFL/IELTS requirements please visit the English Proficiency Requirements page of this website.

Have a question