Jan 13, 2022 | Atlanta, GA
Article by Emma Ryan
Whether you’re looking for a new place to go on a date or unwind with friends, the streets beyond campus are full of things to do. Here are five places around Atlanta to explore this spring:
- Head to Atlantic Station. You’ve probably visited Atlantic Station at least once to shop or dine. But, you might not know that the shopping center also hosts a variety of events. For example, this spring, check out Wellness Wednesdays and the Atlanta Grilled Cheese Festival on April 30.
- Attend trivia night at Rocky. If you’re looking to stay closer to campus, Rocky Mountain Pizza on Hemphill Avenue hosts trivia nights every Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30 p.m. There are first, second, and third place prizes to win, and you can spend your prize money on some of Rocky’s famous pizza, wings, or burgers.
- Take in a show at the Fox. Located in Midtown and within walking distance of Tech Square, the Fox Theatre hosts a variety of shows over the course of the semester. For example, you can catch The Bachelor Live on Stage on April 10, and Rain - A Tribute to The Beatles on April 15.
- Putt around.Puttshack at the Interlock aims to provide a tech-savvy minigolf experience. The game uses a digital scoring system and offers various courses and prize opportunities. Before or after your game, you can kick back and order something from Puttshack’s menu of dishes and drinks from around the world. Music is also a key part of the experience, and Puttshack regularly hosts DJs and live music events. Note that Puttshack recommends reserving your spot in advance. And you must be over 21 to visit after 8 p.m.
- Spend a day at the museum. Atlanta is home to a multitude of museums, but one you might not know much about is the SCAD FASH Museum of Fashion + Film, located on SCAD’s campus on Peachtree Street. Currently, you can catch exhibits including Robert Fairer: Backstage Pass (until April 16). The museum is also showing Escalate, a fashion film created by SCAD alumni, through April 16.