The following thesis format templates are provided to help you get started with formatting your thesis or dissertation. These templates were developed and supplied by your fellow students. As such, the Graduate Thesis Office cannot provide any technical support for these files. These templates aren't guaranteed to give you perfect results, and you will probably have to customize them to some degree. (Also, note that you will be required to fix anything that does not conform to Institute format guidelines.)
With the help of the Graduate Student Government Association, these files were updated over summer 2016 with new versions linked below. If for some reason you are in need of the old thesis template files, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General LaTeX help
- LaTeX Template (.zip) - updated January 17, 2017
- Word Thesis Template (.docx) - updated August 26, 2016
If you plan to use the LaTeX template, our office cannot in general provide technical assistance. That being said, the LaTeX template is known to work with the following settings and software in place:
- Texmaker 4.5
- Set the Quick Build command configuration to: “PdfLaTeX + Bib(la)tex) + PdfLaTeX (x2) + View Pdf”.
- Use the Quick Build command to compile and view your .pdf file.
- If you decide to use a “build” subdirectory for output files, you must point BibTeX to the proper subdirectory.
- MiKTeX 2.9